Call Now To Learn More About Your Legal Rights

(479) 337-7077

OR Text Us:

(479) 358-1998
Mullins & Blake Attorneys

Text Us:

(479) 358-1998

Filing A Premises Liability Injury Claim In Arkansas

Filing A Premises Liability Injury Claim In Arkansas LawyerIn this article, you can discover:

  • The duty of property owners in Arkansas to maintain their property in a safe condition and the various types of premises liability cases.
  • The steps to take after being injured at a friend’s house, business, or hotel.
  • The importance of being aware of any waiver or release forms signed after an injury.

If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, whether it’s a friend’s house, a hotel, or a place of business, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. In Arkansas, property owners have a duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition, and if they fail to do so, they can be held liable for any injuries that result.

In this article, we’ll explore the various types of premises liability cases and the steps you should take if you’ve been injured in one.

What Should You Expect From Slip And Fall Claims That Arise At A Friend’s House?

If you’re hurt at a friend’s house, the first thing you should do is get their homeowner’s insurance information and talk to an attorney who handles slip and fall and homeowner’s injury claims. In some cases, homeowner’s insurance may deny the claim, but an experienced attorney can help you navigate the process and argue that the homeowner failed to take reasonable steps to make the property safe.

For example, if you were helping a friend retrieve something from a room in their house and fall through a weak spot in the floor, your attorney could argue that the floor was improperly maintained and should have been repaired to be safe to walk on.  Your attorney can use this argument to win you compensation for your injuries.

What Are The Duties Of Business And Hotel Owners?

When a business owner invites someone onto their property, they have a duty to make dangerous conditions known and take steps to eliminate them. This is particularly true for sidewalks and parking lots, which are considered high-duty areas. Business owners must take steps to find and eliminate any dangerous conditions that could pose a threat to their guests.

If you fall and are severely injured at a hotel, you should talk to the hotel manager, document the claim, and get the medical care you need. Hotels can be difficult to navigate because they’re often franchises, which means they have different owners and different insurance policies. The more information you can get from the hotel manager at the time of the incident, the easier it will be to resolve your claim.

Does Signing A Waiver Or Release Ruin Your Personal Injury Claim?

If you sign a waiver or release after being injured at a hotel, retail store, or another place of business, that could make your case more difficult. However, the validity of the waiver will depend on the circumstances under which it was signed.

For example, if you were promised a certain amount of compensation in exchange for signing the waiver, it may be difficult to recover further compensation. But if you signed a vague form that says you won’t sue the business, and you received nothing in exchange, there may be an argument that the waiver is invalid.

What Should You Do After You Have Been Injured In A Hotel Or Place Of Business?

In addition to seeking medical treatment, it’s important to take steps to support any future personal injury claims you may have. This includes documenting the incident, taking photos, and getting the names and contact information of any witnesses. You should also keep track of any expenses related to your injury, including medical bills, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket costs.

If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property, don’t hesitate to contact an experienced premises liability attorney to explore your options and protect your rights. With the right legal representation, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries and other expenses, even if you signed a waiver or release.

For more information on Premises Liability Injury Claims In Arkansas, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (479) 337-7077 today.

Mullins & Blake Attorneys

Call Now To Learn More About Your Legal Rights
(479) 337-7077